Effective Date: May 2018
Our approach to privacy
Who we are
Meetoo Ltd products and services are used to collect and analyze information to help its clients better understand their customers, employees, students and more. Some of this information can be personal information. The information is as important to us as it is to you, and we take very seriously our responsibility to safeguard it and use it fairly and responsibly.
Where Meetoo Ltd gets your personal information
We collect your personal information from a range of sources:
When you visit our website(s);
When you download and install one of our mobile applications;
When you respond to one of our online or email surveys or questionnaires; or
When you use one of our products or services.
(together, our “Services”).
Because our business revolves around helping our Clients to reach and better understand their customer base, we may also receive information about you from those Clients to help them get in touch with you or analyze the information they already have about you. Please note that we are not responsible for the legal basis on which Clients process or use data which they supply to us.
What information Meetoo Ltd collects
Our apps and products collect and analyze a range of information. Depending on the particular app you are using, this may include:
- Biographical information that you have supplied to us or to our Clients.
- Location information, meaning data which reveals the geographic location of you and your mobile device. We will only collect your location information where you have explicitly agreed to our doing so by clicking ‘OK’ on your mobile device.
- Information about the type of mobile device you own.
- App Metadata, which means information about the way in which our app is used and how it functions on your mobile device (for example, which app screens you use most, how long it takes to transmit information to us, the volume of information, etc.). Metadata does not include any personal information about you. We collect metadata via Google Analytics in order to improve the usability and performance of our app.
- Survey or other information, which means information contained in the responses given by you to survey or polling questions, or other information entered by you in the app, dashboard or on the website, or any other information you choose to provide using the app, dashboard or the website from time to time;
- Information received from other sources including other websites we operate or the other services we provide.
Sharing information with third parties
We may share your personal information with:
- Our Clients who have asked us to collect it on their behalf.
- Our partners, who provide us with IT and support services to help us manage and store information, and who may require such information for the performance of any contract we enter into with them.
- Our group companies, who may provide related or ancillary services.
- We may also share your personal information in the following circumstances:
- If we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request.
- If we sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy. We will endeavour to provide you with notice prior to the transfer of your personal information to the new entity.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, for example by providing data encryption, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website or app. Any transmission is at your own risk. However, we take the privacy of your personal information very seriously and use a number of methods to try to keep your personal information secure from loss or unauthorized use or access when it is in our possession or control. These methods include reasonable physical, technical and organizational measures to restrict access to your personal information. For example, your personal information is encrypted when stored or transmitted by us using secure socket technology (SSL).
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website and/or apps, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Where required by applicable law, we will notify you of any loss of or unauthorized access to your personal information, and we will cooperate with the appropriate authorities to investigate such incidents.
International transfers of information
We are a global company with service providers and Clients operating in several countries around the world. We use “cloud-based” storage solutions, meaning that your personal information may be transferred and stored in locations outside of your state, province or country, where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. We will never process your data outside the European Economic Area. Our Clients may operate outside the EEA and may require that we transfer your personal information to them in those locations, if this is the case their policies will state this fact.
Retention of your information
We retain your personal information for as long as our clients request us to do so. In most cases, this will be the duration of a particular project, course or a campaign for which our Client has asked us to collect and process information about you. We regularly audit the information we hold to ensure that it remains relevant to our current requirements and those of our Clients.
We maintain a permanent record of anonymized location, demographic and survey data. This data is used to produce aggregated consumer insights, and cannot be used to identify individuals.
Meetoo is committed to protecting our users privacy, especially young children. We do not knowingly collect data or personal information on persons under 16 years of age, except in compliance with children’s online data protection law. If our clients collect data on children under the age of 16 years of age they must obtain express consent from the children’s parents or legal guardian prior to use of our services.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, where appropriate, or you can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to information
Privacy legislation gives you the right to access all information we have about you. Meetoo being the processor of data will help our clients to service any data access request from our clients. If you want to review any data we might have on you, please contact the company that gave you access to our services and they will facilitate the data access request to us.
You also have the right of erasure, meaning you can request data we hold on you to be deleted. To do this please reach out to the company that gave you access to our services and they can make an official request to remove any data you have requested we remove.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
||This cookie is used by our video player to remember wh playback is interrupted (for example, by losing your inte back to where you left off.
||Used by third party provider to identify logged in use
||Used to distinguish users
||Used to throttle request rate
||Used to remember the region of the User
||Used to remember the language of the User
||Used by Pardot to distinguish Users
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 1 year from creation.
Compliance and Updates
We work with regulatory authorities to ensure that we are up to the standards set out. Your feedback is important to us and if you feel that we can improve please contact us at email@example.com.
We’re committed to helping our clients and users prepare and adhere to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) that will come into effect on May 25, 2018.
All of our processes, agreements and systems are compliant with the legislation and we will monitor the implementation and guidance from authorities to ensure that we remain compliant in accordance to the guidance of the regulatory bodies.
- The transfer of your personal information to countries around the world, including outside the European Economic area, where such transfer is permitted by and in strict accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
If you do not want your personal information to be used in this way, then please do not use our products, services, or websites.
Liphook, Hampshire, GU30 7AZ